Alberta & BC Rockies Columbia Icefields Trails
Here are some popular hikes around the Columbia Icefields:
Other trails in the Rockies area
- Nigel Creek
- This 14.5 km (return) hike north from the highway climbs 275 m to the Nigel Pass
- Parker's Ridge
- This 5 km (return) hike southeast from the highway offers views of the Saskatchewan and Athabasca Glaciers.
- Athabasca Glacier
- Hike from the parking lot up the glacier. Distance to the glacier about 1.5 km; distance to the top, another 3 km (one way). Cold-weather gear needed year-round.
- Beauty Creek/Stanley Falls
- 6.5 km trail (return) from Beauty Creek campground up to Stanley Falls.